How do I see a house that I am interested in?
Our properties are occupied and are shown by appointment only. If you are interested in one of our units, please contact us to schedule a showing. We can normally show a house with a 24 hour notice.
How do I reserve a home?
After taking a tour of the house, the landlord prepares the lease, the tenants sign it and pay the deposit. First month’s rent is not due until the day the lease officially begins.
Who signs the lease?
Anyone 18 years or older living in the house must sign the lease.
Do you require a security deposit?
Yes each tenant shall be required to pay a $400 deposit of which $320 is refundable, $80 is non-refundable and used to clean the house upon move out. The deposit is due upon the signing of the lease.
Do you charge a redecorating fee or cleaning fee?
No. We encourage you to keep and leave the place in a good rentable condition, in which case the landlord will not have to use your security deposit to restore the premises to its original condition.
Do our parents need to co-sign the lease?
Your parents do not need to sign the lease, however, they are required to sign a financial guarantor form stating they are financially responsible for paying your rent.
Do you use separate leases for each bedroom?
No, the lease is joint and several which means all parties are collectively responsible for paying the rent and maintaining the home.
Can I sublet my room?
Any subleasing must be approved in writing by the landlord. Normally, it is better to change the names on the lease instead of subleasing.
Can I move out early from my lease?
Your lease is a binding contract. If you do decide to move out early, you are still required to pay the entire amount of rent every month. Per your lease, you are also required to keep on all main utilities (water and electricity) throughout the entire lease period.
How long are the leases?
Leases start August 1st and extend 12 months through July 31st. Ten month leases are generally not offered, but may be available in certain situations if the monthly rental rate is higher.
Can we stay second year?
Current year tenants have priority to stay a second year with or without new roommate(s).
Are the houses furnished?
The houses come with all appliances including a washer and dryer, but are not furnished with furniture. If a tenant desires furniture, a furnishing package can be rented for $50 extra per month per roommate.
How secure are the houses?
At the very minimum, each exterior door has a handle lock and a dead bolt, each window has a lock and each home has adequate exterior lighting. Precautions have been made to ensure that the homes are secure. Safety is normally not a problem unless tenants ‘let down their guard’ and forget to lock their house or car or leave valuables in plain sight. Whatever the case, keep in mind, the university area is subject to the same incidence of burglaries and other crimes as most neighborhoods, it can happen, therefore, caution is your best defense.
Should we carry renter’s insurance?
Yes, we strongly encourage all tenants carry renter’s insurance. It is not expensive and the landlord’s insurance policy does NOT cover tenant’s personal belongings.
Can we install a security system?
Many of the houses are pre-wired for a security system. You may at your own expense install a wired or wireless system.
Are pets allowed?
It depends on the house. If pets are accepted, they must first be approved in writing by the landlord. There is a non-refundable pet deposit. One cat is generally fine, one medium sized dog up to 40 pounds is accepted. No puppies are allowed and certain breeds of dogs are restricted as well.
Can we paint rooms different colors?
Tenants cannot paint without written approval. If you do paint it, the color must be approved and the paint job must be done by a professional painter.
Can we put posters, art, and other objects on walls and ceilings.
Yes. We prefer small nails and screws be used. Do not use tape as it difficult to remove and often removes the paint. The landlord will fix small holes upon move out.
What happens if something in the house breaks or stops working properly?
Any damage to any part of the property must be reported to the landlord. Repairs will be made as quickly as possible. The landlord will pay for repairs unless it is a result of tenant negligence.
What if I lock myself out?
If a lockout occurs during the day, call the landlord to borrow a key. If locked out at night, you may have to call a locksmith. Remember that if you break something trying to get into your house, you will be required to pay for the repairs (which often end up being more expensive than calling for help).
Can we have parties at our house?
It is your house, you may have friends over, however, it is important to keep in mind, neighbors can get very upset and angry if there is too much noise, trash or vehicle traffic. If you have a party, it is best to keep it to a manageable number of guests, end the party at a reasonable hour and keep the noise to an acceptable level. You are responsible for your guests and also responsible for ALL related expenses if you receive a ‘red tag’ for excessive noise.
Can we smoke in the house?
No. All houses are non-smoking. Smoking of ALL kinds is prohibited. If the house smells like smoke, tenants will be responsible for additional cleaning charges to remove the smell.
What types of payments do you accept?
Checks, money orders, cashier checks or automatic bank deposits/transfers. If you prefer to pay using a credit card, it may be done via PayPal, but additional charges will apply.
When is rent due?
Rent is due on the first of every month. Rent is late if not paid by 5 PM on the fifth day of the month. There is a $25 late fee if not paid by 5 PM on the fifth plus an additional $5 per day thereafter.
Where do I send the rent payment?
3350 East Terra Alta Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85716
Who maintains the landscaping?
The landscaping is maintained by the landlord, however, it is the tenant’s responsibility to keep any outdoor areas (porch, yard, etc) clean of trash at all times.
Do we have to take the trash out to the curb?
Yes, tenants are responsible for pushing the city trash cans to the curb the night before trash collection. Empty trash cans must be pulled back to the house the day trash is collected.
How much do utilities cost?
It depends on the house, but in general, high speed internet and cable are approximately $100 per month and water is approximately $60 per month. The variable expenses are electric and gas (if your house has it). Electric and gas depend on the size and age of the house. Smaller houses use less. Newer houses are more efficient. Depending on the house, the landlord can give you an estimate.
Who do I contact for utilities?
Tenants are responsible for all utilities unless the lease says otherwise. Tenants must call the utility companies and have the utilities put in their own names prior to moving into their house.

Tucson Electric (520) 623-7711 or www.tep.com
Southwest Gas (520) 889-1888 or www.swgas.com
Tucson Water (520) 791-3242 or www.tucsonaz.gov/water

Do not wait until the last minute to turn on your utilities. Utility companies can often require as much as a week’s notice to turn on utilities.

UAoffcampus.com is not affiliated with UA Off Campus LLC or the University of Arizona
© Web Design by Websites4You.com